Fathering Leaders Has Been Our Heart Cry for 19 Years
Everyone needs to feel anchored and secure in a Father’s Love. God wants you to live feeling you are a beloved son/daughter. The world is waiting for mature spiritual fathers/mothers to guide them into emotional healing and maturity.
There are 3 main tools for leadership FOL provides:
- Workshops – Robert has taught workshops since 1999 on topics of the Father’s Love and Shame and Sonship throughout the US and in 27 different nations.
- Prayer Ministry – Robert has held thousands of hours of Prayer Ministry sessions with people to incorporate the Father’s love in their lives and relationships. Learn more.
- Training Resources – Our training website offers a number of free training resources and worksheets. These tools will enable you to move into emotional intelligence and provide you with the skills necessary to overcome any issues you face as you walk out a sonship relationship with God.
When there’s been no father in your life:
- How do you feel secure, that you are loved no matter what?
- How do you develop life skills for healthy relationships?
- How do you discover who you are, what your natural talents are and how you can develop them?
We provide free training designed to assist you in your adventure of learning to walk in the Father’s love.
Your journey of training in the Father’s Love has two parts:
- Learning to be free from the attitude of a spiritual orphan (feeling separate from Father God). This is the root of all problems. But this is also what makes all growth possible. Emotional pain and a lack of forward movement always involve a sense of feeling separate from God’s love.
- Learning to be a spiritual father/mother yourself, once you’ve learned to be a son/daughter. This is true spiritual maturity. Walking in emotional intelligence, able to provide covering love toward the immature behavior of hurting people, is what the world is looking for.
About Robert Hartzell
Having grown up with an abusive father, Robert experienced a lack of both emotional and physical security, and was left without a role model for basic life skills and maturity. He battled feelings of fear and even impending doom; panic attacks were common, sometimes resulting from merely being in the same room with a male authority figure.
After surviving this painful childhood, Robert began searching for the pathway to emotional health and spiritual maturity as he entered adulthood.
In 1983, Robert went through a drug rehab and was introduced to group therapy. As a result of that experience, he met his first spiritual father, a man who led him to ask Jesus Christ into his life and also helped him as he worked a program of recovery.
During this process he had a spiritual experience realizing more of God’s presence in his life, yet despite these steps, he still had struggles with shame and fear. Robert had a stronghold of trying to work hard for God just to be accepted by Him.
The road to emotional healing was long.
There was no clear road map by which Robert could chart his course to wholeness.
During the first 15 years of his spiritual life he experienced many stuck places.
In the mid 1980s, Robert was deeply impacted by Elijah House and the teachings of John and Paula Sanford. This helped shape his early theology. Concepts of performance orientation, strongholds, fruit and root, judgments and vows, have been with him from the beginning of his spiritual life. The idea firmly rooted in him that just because we are Christians doesn’t mean there still isn’t a “working out” and a renewal of the mind that must take place.
Despite all of this, Robert went through a long dry season in the 1990s. He struggled with fears of ever fulfilling his destiny and a frequent sense of impending doom from the childhood abuse he experienced.
However, this time of breaking led to the discovery of the Father’s love. The foundation of the Father’s love matured in Robert as he was mentored by Jack Frost of Shiloh Place Ministries. For years Robert taught workshops around the world on the Father’s love and ministered with people one-on-one to incorporate this love in their lives.
Robert has developed many resources from these experiences that can help others move into this same healing and emotional intelligence.
Robert has a Bachelor’s of Biblical Studies and a Master’s in Christian Counseling from Logos University and is also certified in many types of Prayer Ministry training.
Our mission is to help each person move into the healing and destiny God has for them in His love. We have loaded our website with free articles, ebooks and worksheets to get you on the path of the Father’s love and to begin the journey of becoming a fathering leader yourself.
You can also sign up below for our free blog updates. This will provide you with fresh content on Emotionally Healthy Leaders as soon as it’s published in our blog.